3.13.2005

Curse You Blogger.com!

Nothing in the world turns my stomache more quickly than clicking on 'Publish Post' and finding a 404-error. Oh how I back-pedal, fingers-flailingly, clicking desperately upon the back-button, only to find the create new post page, grinning fiendishly with its toothsome blank white boxes, barren and textless. And always after I have composed yet another magnum opus to wow and astound my readers. Even as I type this, I can hardly keep down the Duck Confit and White Asparagus which Alphonso prepared for supper.As such, there may be a slight delay in the posting of this week's portent. Know you this though, this week I have set my 'sites' upon my greatest and most elusive enemy -- coolness.

I do sound quite savvy about this interweb now though don't I.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

Indeed. I had composed a brilliant and congratulatory lauding of your innumerable talents in thanks for you entertaining me so vividly.

But now it's gone, and these words are all that remain.

12:54 p.m.  
Blogger Matthew Lie - Paehlke said...

I thank you deeply for this impressively laconic, palimpsest of lost praises.

2:29 p.m.  
Blogger justin said...

This is why I always put pen to vellum prior to posting.(Or use a text editor and cut and paste.)

Too often have I felt Internet's cruel fangs pierce the fragile flesh of my careful words!

Also: spell check!

9:11 a.m.  
Blogger Matthew Lie - Paehlke said...

what is this spellcheck that you speak of? Some kind of a computer program perhaps? I have often wished that there were an automated program which would fill out the bits and pieces of major spells that I have forgotten.

For example, I think everyone uses the same spells in their firewalls to prevent vampire hacker attacks. I knew there was some program that would finish the spell if you entered the first few lines correctly.

Where can I download this "spell check"?

2:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home