2.24.2005

Baba Yaga Blogs!

Of late I have been having Matthew "surf the web" and regale me with tales of the astounding websites that he encounters. This was intended to be recreational and while I was startled to discover that all your base are belong to us, it is not particularily relevant to my work on this site.

Alas, Matthew, unaware of the implications of what he was saying, laughingly told me that Baba Yaga has a website! The uneducated ditherhead had never heard of Russia's most terrifying witch. I lept to my feet!

"By Thor's Hammer, I have been tracking Baba Yaga for as long as I can remember, but her trail went cold in a small hamlet near St. Petersburgh in 1978 and she hasn't resurfaced yet."
"Who's Baba Yaga?" asked Matthew, as a drop of drool coalesced upon his chin.
"Who is Baba Yaga?" I increduled, "Baba Yaga, is the insatiable arch-fiend of the Russian forest. Baba Yaga is an emaciated hag with iron teeth and a crushing grip. Baba Yaga lives in a tiny cottage which runs about on gigantic chicken legs!"

But it seems that Baba Yaga is up to her old tricks. She is feigning some sort of a satirical, onion-style reporting targeted at liberals and progressives. In fact the flash-animated retellings of old fairy tells (1,2) are really quite good, particularily the second one. What she really intends is beyond my capacities.

I've been struggling with her website's motto for hours now, but it is resisting all the traditional methods of esoteric decryption.

"Tales of Gnostic Turpitude"? What is that crone up to?

I intend to try Kaballah next. I have a hunch that I will get somewhere, by taking the scrabble values of each letter and comparing them to the balance equation for Binah and Chokmah.

1,1,1,1,1 1,4 3,1,1,1,1,1,4 1,1,1,3,1,1,1,2,1

Ah ha! I can't believe I didn't see it before. I shan't have to explain that even to Matthew.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
Great blog with some useful info on bad credit home equity line of credit. I have a bad credit home equity line of credit themed site you and your visitors might find interesting. I'd love for you to check it out.

7:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home