1.05.2005

The internet still exists?

By god!

I had completely given up on this website after all the hoopla surrounding New Year's.

I was certain that all the computers in the world were going to reset to the year zero and some sort of Digi-christ was going to digi-volve to a higher mark-up language or some such thing.

Who knew that this Y2K5 thing was a complete hoax ?!?

Apparently Alphonso has known since Saturday but he didn't bother mentioning it to me. To be perfectly honest, I'm livid. I've had the power off since 11:59 on New Year's Eve for no good reason! If I hadn't already given Alphonso his Christmas bonus, he might have found himself a little short on his boat payments this month. Who am I kidding, I could never let so fine a craft as that pass into the grubby hands of One-eyed Bill the nautical repo-man.

Luckily most of my estate is still powered by steam and I didn't have to give up any modern amenities beyond this blog and my Monday morning virtua-duel with Count von Chocolate (no connection to the cereal mascot -- or so he says) in Munchen.

Anyways, yes, this is just to let everyone know that yes the internet is still working and yes I do intend to get back to work soon.

All the best in the New Year,

Col. Matteus Von Mustard

1 Comments:

Blogger justin said...

Yes, my dear von Mustard, your recent and rather prolonged absence has given some of us at the International Society of Internet Journaling a rather juicy topic for discussion. Some of us, those more prone to spurious speculation, posited that you were either on another of your famous BENDERS or had quite given up writing altogether, as you have so many of your other experiments.

Of course I never suspected anything of the sort.

In Yr Svce, &tc.

Prof Doc Justin Couch

1:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home